The government removed all domestic legal restrictions regarding COVID-19 in England on 24th February. On 27th May, the UK-wide Infection Prevention and Control Guidance for health and care settings was also removed.
New guidance recommends that the decision to wear a mask depends on the amount of time spent with the patient; the proximity to the patient; the size of the area and the ventilation. You no longer have to wear a mask, although we will continue to wear ours. We encourage our patients to wear a mask out of courtesy to others whose health may be compromised or who live or work with at-risk people.
Other measures that Scarborows will continue to take include, but is not limited to:
- Appointment-only gives you a relaxed & comfortable experience. We can plan, prepare and control who comes in and how many people are in the practice. We want all of our patients and staff to be comfortable and feel safe. Be assured that we have not had any transmission of COVID-19 in our practice. We are flexible and if you have an emergency or would like to browse and we don’t look too busy, then please ask and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- We also request that our patients continue to observe social distancing measures.
- Sanitiser stations throughout the practice.
- Controlled frame selection to ensure disinfection between patients.
- Strict NHS guidelines are in place for cleaning and sanitising surfaces and equipment between patients. This has always been done